Church named county landmark

Church of the Mountains

The Nevada County Board of Supervisors recently granted Nevada County Landmark status to the Church of the Mountains Campus in Truckee comprised of Church of the Mountains United Methodist Church, the Elizabeth Danforth Cottage and the Rev. Sipes Parsonage, according to a press release.

The Church of the Mountains has been located on Church Street (named for the Church family) since 1869 as one of the first two churches in Truckee. Today, the Church has a visible steeple with a bell cast in 1889 from the McShane Bell Foundry that is still in use. The church is Truckee’s oldest church and the only church in Truckee operating at its original location. | nevadacountyca.gov